About Cred Protocol
Cred Protocol's on a mission to bring DeFi lending to a billion people. Improving access to financial resources means quantifying risk. Quantified risk at scale is credit scoring. Cred Protocol's building one of the first decentralized credit scores, a DeFi primitive that unlocks capital-efficient lending and enables under-served communities to access the power of DeFi lending.
We're funded by top crypto investors including AllianceDAO, Volt Capital, Robot Ventures, GSR Markets, DCG Expeditions, SNZ Holding, AngelDAO, imToken and amazing founders and executives from across web2 and web3.
We’re a team of prior founders with successful exits and deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain with experience spanning Silicon Valley startups and world-class institutions such as Facebook/Meta, Amazon, Deutsche Bank and Cambridge University.
Data is the foundation of Cred Protocol. The Head of Data owns our end-to-end data strategy, crafting and communicating our vision for processing blockchain data at scale and planning and prioritizing the steps to get there into an actionable roadmap that iterates from our initial MVP. The role requires expansive vision grounded in hands-on experience.
- Create and communicate a vision for processing blockchain data at DeFi scale.
- Plan and prioritize our data platform roadmap, taking us from MVP to scale.
- Hire and inspire data engineers and data scientists to implement our data platform roadmap.
- Create a high trust, empathetic team environment pursuing excellence with integrity.
- Manage and mentor the data team.
- Communicate and coordinate across related functional areas such as Machine Learning, Web3 Engineering (Smart contract and Oracle engineering).
- Inform and educate internal and external stakeholders through writing and speaking engagements.
- Excited by decentralized finance's potential to rebuild traditional finance on blockchain rails that are fundamentally fairer and more transparent.
- 5+ years hands-on experience implementing Flink and Kafta based data streaming platforms.
- 5+ years building ETL/ELT pipelines at scale.
- 5+ years building data pipelines to clean, augment and normalize data.
- 5+ years wrangling data in Jupyter notebooks.
- 5+ years using agile development methodologies.
- Ability to work with little guidance and find paths forward.
- [Bonus] Experience using blockchain explorers like Etherscan and Covalent.
- [Bonus] Hands-on smart contract development (on Ethereum blockchain).
- [Bonus] Experience working in another crypto startup or protocol.
- [Bonus] Experience working in lending or credit risk modeling.
- Generous equity packages.
- Generous comp.
- Unlimited time off.
- Flexible hours.
- Healthcare where needed.
- Visa sponsorship where needed.